We take seriously the call to serve our customers as well as our community. This is demonstrated by the local programs we support with our time and resources. Whether helping teenagers learn to be safer drivers, or delivering firewood to families in need, or helping our clients protect their assets with the proper insurance program, our staff is dedicated to serving others in our community.
- Project WARM (Wood Association of Roanoke Metro) – A collaboration between The Salvation Army, The City of Salem, and Church of the Brethren volunteers, this program brings firewood to families in need. Mary helped bring this program to Roanoke in 1996 and her husband, Marc, is the coordinator. Since then, Project WARM has delivered over 4,000 truckloads of free firewood to those in need in the Roanoke Valley.
- Camp Bethel – One of the few ACA accredited camps in Southwest Virginia, Camp Bethel is open and active all year. With 470 acres of hiking trails, ponds, streams, open meadows, forests, and rolling hills, it’s a great choice for a summer camp, a retreat center, a banquet site, a high/low ropes challenge, or a day of outdoor education.
- WVTF Public Radio – We are a corporate supporter of A Prairie Home Companion and have proudly supported our local NPR and Radio IQ station for over ten years.
- Jefferson Center – Jefferson Center Foundation is a nonprofit center that enriches and educates diverse Western Virginia communities by producing high quality performing arts programs, by providing long and short term rental space for community partners and individuals, and by providing educational outreach.
- Sounds of the Mountains Festival – Featuring some of the top national professional storytellers and regional bands, Sounds of the Mountains has grown to be Southwest Virginia’s largest storytelling festival The next festival is April 28-29, 2017, featuring Donald Davis, Dolores Hydock, Kim Weitkamp, and Ed Stivender.
- Blue Ridge Region, Porsche Club America – Is a group of car enthusiasts from The Blue Ridge Region of our state. We are a supporter of this club and help them with Street Survival schools.
- 101.5 The Valley’s Music Place – We are a supporting partner of the Roanoke Valley’s locally owned radio station, which actively supports the cultural arts and the community advocacy organizations within our community.
- Family Promise (formerly Interfaith Hospitality Network) – In the past, Mary was very active in this program that helps temporarily homeless families in our community with food, shelter and support. When Brogan Insurance was awarded the Roanoke Giving Network Agency of the Year by Erie Insurance in 2013, we donated $2,500 to this outreach program.